The Nightly Skincare Routine That Will Leave Your Skin Feeling Nourished and Loved

This is how it goes...

You get home from a late night out and you feel too tired and lazy to wash your face, so what do you do instead? You go straight to bed with all the makeup on. 
We're all guilty of this! I know I am for sure. Not gonna lie, this was my routine in my teens and early twenties. 

The day I decided to begin and stick with a nightly and morning skincare routine, is the day my life, and my skin for that matter, changed forever.  I have normal skin throughout the year but, it does tend to get a bit dry in the Winter, which is expected because of the change in the weather. For that reason, I am able to try many different products on my skin without causing damage to it or breaking out. 

Having said that, you need to be mindful of YOUR skin type and buy products that will compliment YOUR skin, instead of following someone else's routine to a tee that might actually be harmful to your skin. 

On another note, I'm slowly transitioning towards natural and organic products for my makeup and skincare, especially after reading and watching videos about all the chemicals that end up in these products. I'm not 100% there yet but, I'm taking daily actions to achieve this goal. 
Also, I'm originally from Canada but now live in the UK. So, whenever I go back to visit my family, I bring back some of my favourite products that are not available in the UK and that's why you may have a hard time finding some of these products in the UK. 


Ready..Set..Go


Step 1: Remove Eye Makeup


As you all know, the eye area is the most sensitive part of our face because of its delicate skin. That's why I like to use natural oils like the Naissance Sweet Almond Oil to remove my eye makeup because it is natural, cruelty free, vegan and non-GMO. Using a cotton pad, gently remove the makeup. Remember, avoid rubbing your eyes too hard. If you wish, you can substitute almond oil with coconut or jojoba oil. They are all suitable for removing eye makeup and are gentle on the skin. 

Step 2: Cleanse the Face



I use the Ultra Gentle Cleansing Gel to gently wash the rest of my face using my hands. I've been using this cleanser for 3 years now and I absolutely love it. Unfortunately, it is from Canada and I've only been able to find one seller on eBay but, it is a bit pricey because of the shipping cost. However, if you ever get the chance to try this product, you will not be disappointed. This product can be used for all skin types and it is paraben free, oil free, soap free, non comedogenic, perfume free, and hypo-allergenic. 

Step 3: Exfoliate the Face



Using my Philips VisaPure Mini Facial Cleanser, I dispense a generous amount of the Ultra Gentle Cleansing Gel to deep clean and exfoliate my skin. This process helps to unclog pores, remove dead skin and stimulates circulation to keep your skin looking firm and free of blemishes. Avoid pressing the brush too harshly against your skin, instead gently hold it and go over your whole face and try to avoid the eye area.

Step 4: Apply Toner


I came across the Thayer Witch Hazel Toner accidentally but, I've been in love with it since. This is another product that I purchased while in Canada and was livid when I forgot to bring it back to the UK with me. But, I managed to find it on eBay and have been using it again. It is natural and alcohol free and has 6 formulas: Unscented, Original, Cucumber, Lemon, Rose Petal, and Lavender. I've only tried the cucumber to date, it's very refreshing and smells like actual cucumbers. However, I'm excited to try the other ones once I run out of this one. 

Step 5: Apply Serum and Eye Cream
After toning my face, I used to use a 100% natural Argan oil, until I discovered the La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum and Eye Cream. This is the perfect duo to hydrate the face and eye area. It improves elasticity and firmness by stimulating collagen synthesis, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and helps repair damaged skin. I pour a few drops of this magic potion on my skin and dab it in gently, along with the eye cream. I then move on to the next step to help my skin absorb them deeply. 

Step 6: Use a Jade Stone Roller


Can I get a drumroll please...

Ah yes! In the next step, I use the beloved Jade Stone Face Roller that's taking social media by storm. To be honest I've been using this roller for some time now, even before everyone started obsessing over it, but I can see why everyone's talking about it! The jade stone has many benefits: encourages the lymphatic system's natural detoxification process, boosts circulation and blood flow, it's cooling and calming, and allows your skin to absorb your serum and cream quickly and efficiently. 

Step 7: Applying Night Cream
Last but not lease, the application of night cream. I use the Organic Ocean Bio-Marine Technology Anti Aging Nigh Cream but, only when my skin needs the extra moisture, like in the winter. Otherwise, I skip this last step because I feel that the La Roche-Posay serum does a really good job at hydrating my skin and leaves it feeling rejuvenated in the morning. This product is 100% Organic and extremely hydrating, and that's why I'm obsessed with it. 

.
.
.

You can go ahead and try any of these if you wish!

If you don't already have a skincare routine, I highly recommend that you begin one right away. The products that I've listed are ones that I personally use and strongly believe in. I have provided an amazon affiliated link to some of them, so yes, I do get a small commission if you purchase them but, I've only included them to make it easier for you to find. You're more than welcome to purchase them from anywhere else or explore other products and see what works best for your skin. 

I will be posting about my morning skincare routine as well, so stay tuned for that! 

I wish you all have a wonderful weekend!


With Love, 

by parnayé

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Christmas Gift Ideas for Him & Her

6 Affordable Knitted Jumpers to Keep You Warm and Looking Classy This Winter